Monday, August 2, 2010

The Fountain is back on at the Unisphere in Flushing Meadow Park!

August 2, 2010:  Bob and I took today off work for working Saturday, and decided to get out early on our bikes before it got too hot! It's been ages since we've ridden our bikes, because neither of us could muster up enough energy or desire to ride in the heat we had all of July.

We rode to Flushing Meadow Park and... *wow*, what a surprise!  The fountain around the Unisphere is on!!!!   I can't remember the last time (if ever!) I've seen it working. It's been in disrepair for ages!
At one time the non-working basin was accessible (my son tells me he used to rollerblade in it as a teenager!) but for the past few years the entire Unisphere and non-functioning fountain area has been surrounded by an ugly chain link fence.

What a beautiful sight to see it back on!  It really made my day!


Some rainbow shots: 

Some backlit shots:

Some Garden Perspectives:


Resting on a Frond:


* * * * *

No comments: