Thursday, August 26, 2010

A sight rarely seen ~ Allegany State Park, August 22, 2010

I recently took a trip upstate to visit my Dad (August 19-24).  Whenever I go home, I like to spend some time (ideally with my Dad) driving around my hometown area;  these trips are not only a great way for me to catch up on any changes and relive some of my own childhood memories, they're also a great opportunity for my Dad to get out and see the sights, and share his own memories and history of the area!  On Sunday August 22,  we visited Allegany State Park, and were treated to this sight right in the middle of one of the park roads!!! Luckily I had my camera at the ready, as I have never seen anything quite like this! These shots are not as sharp and clear as I would have liked, but I'm so glad I got them!

Here is the entire sequence of events as recorded by my camera:

Snack on the go....

same scene, zoomed in...
Mama hears something....
and bounds off to the right...
Hey Mom, wait for me!!!
 moments later, youngster bounds off after Mama!

* * * * *

No comments: