Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Catching Up!

Wow!  Where has the time gone??  It's already another New Year!  And I haven't posted here in months :(

Oh...I have lots of excuses! Among them:
1.  Learning to use new camera
2.  Preparing for our October trip
3.  Health issues (pinched nerve and left hand issues)
4.  Holidays
5.  Other life stuff!

But the main reason I haven't been posting is:  I have started Zazzling!   I opened my store ~ SjasisDesignSpace ~ at the end of August.  This was another huge learning curve (and I'm still learning!) but I had some great teachers, mentors & supporters in my fellow Zazzling DPers!  Thanks to Bebop, Deb, Andy, Whitewaves, Little Wing and Rural France (and lately Oga Hutsul) for all their help and support!  Especially Bebop!!!

Zazzling seems to have taken over all of my free time, plus some!!  I love doing it, but it is all-consuming!  For the first four months I was creating and adding new products as fast as I could, to be "ready" for the coming Holiday Season.

It paid off!  From as few as six sales during the first three months,  my store was suddenly "discovered"  right before Thanksgiving, and it took off!   I had steady sales right up though Christmas :)   I made about $260 in royalties and referrals - which I understand is pretty good for a newbie!  I am still spending most of my free time, even now,  on creating & promoting products.  My ultimate goal is to make this a viable source of income to supplement retirement at some point.  The best case scenario would be that my store starts making enough to allow me to feel financially comfortable about retiring.

During the time since I last blogged here,  I have also been working on my photos from our October trip, which I have [just!] finally finished.  So I am going to backtrack a bit, and post our vacation photos, day by day, as if I had posted them at the right time!

Then I'll catch up on other events as well!

*     *     *     *     *     

No comments: