April came in rainy and raw. But despite the unseasonable cold, the spring flowers are starting to blossom. I spotted this hyacinth in full bloom on April 1st:
April 3rd: More blooms spotted on a walk around the neighborhood...here is a forsythia:
Hyacinth blossoms, full-frame:
Pansy face:
More forsythia:
Creeping Speedwell, a tiny creeping plant in the grass, is blooming profusely in the park right now. I got right down on the ground on my belly to get these closeup shots!
Another shot of the same catkins, originally posted on 3/19. They are progressing slowly - much more slowly than normal, it seems - perhaps because of our colder than seasonal temps this spring!
First blooms of a Star Magnolia in Flushing Meadow Park:
Same catkins, closer shot in different lighting:
Every day (finally!) I am seeing more and more signs of spring - willow leaves emerging:
Glory-of-the-Snow:
Red-Eared Sliders sunning:
Bumpy & Girlfriend!
Catkins against a blue sky!
Cherry Blossoms:
Seagull enjoying the sunshine!
Turtle Sunning:
Glory-of-the-Snow:
Mustard Flower:
Hydrangea leaf emerging:
Primrose:
Ornamental Fruit Tree:
Flowering Quince
* * * * *


























No comments:
Post a Comment