I started this blog ages ago, and never carried through with it! Unfortunately, I'm guilty of a lot of starting-and-never-carrying through, over the course of my life. But this is one project I am finally going to start...and carry through! My purpose is to create a place to post my photos (photo-journalism style) as well as my ramblings of small or large significance!
Just to set the record straight, my biggest passion is my photography and much of this blog will be devoted to my photos! Photography has really changed my life and the way I view the world. Now whenever I look down, look up, or look around, I am really "seeing"; seeing things I never really noticed before! One of my favorite quotes is:
"It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see!" (Henry David Thoreau)
"It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see!" (Henry David Thoreau)
I am also passionate about traveling. I love visiting new places, seeing new things! Traveling and photography go together! Now I am recording my trips in ways I never did before. I am taking real photos - pretty good photos! Not those typical tourist snapshots that everyone takes; snapshots with legs cut off, lightpoles and other objects coming out of people's heads, horizons that go uphill/downhill or buildings that look like they are going to tip over any minute (that's perspective distortion, by the way). I love recording what I see with my camera and trying to get a special take on it, using the photographic knowledge and tips that I have picked up so far! I still have a long way to go, so maybe this blog will record my progress as well!
Another passion of mine is learning something new every day! There is so much to know in this world, and so little time. But as I grow older, I feel that if I can learn at least one new fact every day (and hopefully more) I will die happy ...a long, long time from now! I guess I have always been a very "information-oriented" person, which is probably why I became a librarian! And now I have learned how to start a blog! My fact for the day!
I feel I am so far behind everyone else when it comes to blogging. I Facebook, I even Twitter, but I haven't blogged up until now. I had a couple of false starts, but now I've truly begun....and this will be my personal venue for sharing what I see through my photos.... as well as a way to express my opinion on things that mean alot to me!
* * * * *

No comments:
Post a Comment